2 tablespoons salt
1 teaspoon pepper
1. Line 2 enormous preparing sheets with a few layers of paper towels.
2. Mesh the potatoes and onion on the enormous openings of a crate grater. (Then again, cut them into quarters and shred on the destroying circle of a food processor.) Working in clumps, envelop the destroyed potato and onion by a tea towel or a few layers of paper towel and crush out however much water as could reasonably be expected.
3. Add the destroyed, crushed potatoes and onion to a huge bowl alongside the flour, 4 eggs, parsley (if utilizing), salt, and pepper. Blend until the fixings are completely consolidated. In the event that the blend looks dry, blend in the excess egg.
4. In an enormous skillet, heat 1⁄4 inch (6 mm) oil over medium-high warmth until shining however not smoking. Working in clumps of 4–5, drop the hitter by the 1⁄4 cup (55 g) into the container and press delicately with a spatula to straighten. Cook, flipping once, until sautéed on the two sides and cooked through, 6–8 minutes. Proceed until the entirety of the potato combination is spent, adding extra oil to the container if fundamental and changing the warmth if the latkes are carmelizing excessively fast or not rapidly enough.
5. Move latkes to the paper towels to deplete. Serve promptly finished off with harsh cream, fruit purée, or both.
6. Or on the other hand, let latkes cool and store, firmly enveloped by plastic, in the ice chest or cooler. To warm, organize the latkes in a solitary layer on a heating sheet and warm in a 400°F (200°C/Gas Mark 6) stove until fresh and warmed through, around 10 minutes.